Monday, June 29, 2020

Fox Company former "Skipper" Ret. Lt.Col. Jim Page: Passed Away June 27, 2020

Jim Page Wins a Jacket: Houston Reunion (2007)

Few from Fox 2/1 (VN-era) at D.C. Reunion (2004)


Paul Mangan called me (Monday, June 29, 2020) and gave me the sad news about Jim Page passing. He had heart attack and was in hospice. Paul said it was like he had a bad headache went to sleep and never woke up.

What a great man he was, excellent leader, well-liked by everyone, and one heluva Marine - also, earned the Silver Star. He was 91 years old.

I spoke to him by phone a few months ago and we chatted about the good old days. I will miss the phone calls as I am sure others who spoke to him over the years will, too.

Rest in Peace, “Skipper” (for he was our company commander during OP Harvest Moon). He was shot through the chest on that fateful day (December 10, 1965), was declared dead, and yet overnight was found to be alive. That was truly a miracle that many of us saw. It was not his time. Now it is.

Good bye old friend. Semper Fi … R.I.P.

No comments: